Business Central Licenses
Business Central licenses can only be purchased through a Microsoft partner or reseller. Spark365 is a Microsoft Gold Partner and we want to make buying a license easy – all you have to do is click on our online store and select the license you need.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central offers three types of user licenses: Essential User ($70/month), Premium User ($100/month) and Team User ($8/month).
Spark365 focuses on Essential and Team licenses, as it fits most companies that do not need manufacturing or field service functionality.
About Essential User License:
The Essential User license is considered a “Full User license,” meaning it is suited for employees whose job functions require the comprehensive features of an application. These include productivity users or management level employees. Essential Users have complete access to edit and approve within the application, and can manage the Team Member user’s access within their organization.
Examples of Full Users could be salespeople, customer service representatives, finance employees, controllers, supply chain managers and executives. Dynamics 365 Business Central includes at request and with no additional charge, three External Accountant licenses for customers who have external accountants who want to connect to their Dynamics 365 Business Central application. All licenses include automatic product updates.
About Team User License:
The Team Member license is suited for employees who need to perform some light tasks within the system, such as viewing data and consume reports across business processes, or entering time and expenses. They may also have limited read, write or approval functionality. They may be heavy users of the system, but do not require full user capabilities.
- Read anything within Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Update existing data and entries in Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Existing data are records like customer, vendor or item records which are already created.
- Entries means entries on which it is specifically allowed from an accounting perspective to update specific information. (e.g. due date on customer ledger entries)
- Approve or reject tasks in all workflows assigned to a user
- Create, edit, delete a quote
- Create, edit, delete personal information
- Enter a time sheet for Jobs
- Use Power Apps for Dynamics 365
Dynamics 365 Business Central Team Members requires that at least one other user be licensed with Dynamics 365 Business Central Essential as a Full User.
Refer to the Business Central licensing guide for more details on both Essential Full Users and Team Users.
Spark365 makes buying a license easy -- simply click on our online store and select the license you need.